How Dental Implants Can Benefit You
There are so many benefits to choosing to get dental implants over traditional dentures or other options such as crowns and bridges. Not only are dental implants more aesthetically pleasing and natural-looking, but the improvement that it makes to your overall health is incredible. We’ve provided a few benefits for how choosing to get dental implants can be beneficial to you.
What Is A Dental Implant?
Dental implants are surgical components that include a small titanium post that will be installed in the jaw and act as a root for a false tooth or teeth which will be installed on top of it. Dental implants have a variety of appliances that can be attached to them which makes getting these implants a great option. You can either get a crown, bridge, or a full set of permanent dentures.
The Benefits Of Dental Implants
- Improved Eating: Implants can provide a strong support system for your teeth and as we know the teeth are essential for chewing our food and breaking it down to get ready for digestion. When people are missing teeth it makes this process a bit harder and may not allow for full absorption of nutrients.
- Better Speech: Just like the tongue, the teeth play a very important role in speaking. The teeth play a few parts in speaking which are controlling airflow and allowing for certain sounds to be made. With that being said, if you have missing teeth it can create a lisp and make it difficult for others to understand what you’re saying.
- More Comfort: Traditional dentures are known to be very uncomfortable which is why dental implants have become the more popular option. Dentures rely on gum support which can decrease blood flow while dental implants are fixed in place and are supported by titanium rods for more comfort.
- Permanent Solution: If you’re interested in non-removable and sturdy implants, look no further than dental implants. While traditional dentures have to be removed and taken out to be cleaned, our implants are a permanent solution that can be cared for just like natural teeth!
- Maintaining Jaw Health: After losing teeth, some areas of the jawbone can begin to weaken over time. Implants can maintain jaw health because they mimic the root of the tooth and stimulate the bone while helping maintain the shape of the jawbone.
In need of dental implants? If you are looking to get a dental implant, please make an appointment with Dr. Pollock at Rockwall Oral Surgery by giving us a call today at (469) 264-8921. You can also visit our contact page or reach us via email at email@example.com.