Is All-on-4® Right for Me?
Tooth loss is inherently uncomfortable and can reduce the quality of your life tremendously. Missing teeth can make eating and speak naturally difficult, if not impossible. Removable tooth replacement options like dentures can be uncomfortable and difficult to take care of. Here at Rockwall Oral Surgery in Rockwall TX, we are all about advocating for a better, more comfortable life for our patients. We want all of our patients to be happy with their tooth replacement options, which is why we offer dental implants and the All-On-4® Treatment Concept, also known as “Teeth in a Day” or “One Day Smile”.
If you have experienced extensive tooth loss, All-On-4® may be the best tooth replacement option for you. With All-On-4®, we are now able to permanently replace full arches of missing teeth with a full arch prosthesis that is supported by only four dental implants. What this means for our fully edentulous patients is they can replace all of the teeth in their mouth with a permanent, dental implant-supported prosthesis for a fraction of the cost of singular dental implant replacement options.
What are the Benefits of All-On-4®Treatment Concept?
- Fewer Visits: You lead a busy life and having to constantly interrupt your schedule to make appointments can be bothersome. This isn’t an issue with All on 4®.
- Faster Process: With the ability to plan your surgery with the help of technology, your surgery will be quicker and more accurate.
- Less downtime: There is less pain, swelling and bruising following surgery.
- More comfortable: Your replacement teeth are supported by the implants, rather than your gums, so they are more comfortable than traditional dentures.
- More stable: Unlike traditional dentures, which can slip out of place (especially as your jaw changes shape), All-On-4® are more stable. They are held firmly in place by the implants, and will not slip or fall out.
- Easier Care: They can be brushed just like natural teeth, so your replacement teeth are easier to care for than dentures.
- More Natural: The titanium rods in your jaw imitate the roots of your natural teeth. Because of this, the integrity of the jawbone is preserved.
What is the All-On-4® & Dental Implants Process?
Many tooth replacement solutions require multiple visits before you get your set of teeth. However, instead of taking several visits before you are given your permanent replacement teeth, this particular treatment allows you to leave the office with fully functional, permanent, teeth.
How is this done exactly? At Rockwall Oral Surgery, we make use of the latest technology to take scans of your mouth, which produce a 3-dimensional image. We then use the image and virtual reality technology to plan your procedure before the day of your surgery. The image can also be used with CAD/CAM technology to create your replacement teeth. This way, the final restoration will be ready and waiting for you once your surgery is completed.For more information about this process, or to schedule an appointment, call us today at (469) 264-8921.