Long-Term Success with Dental Implants
Tooth loss affects millions of Americans annually. Thanks to dental implants, missing or extracted teeth can fill unsightly gaps in an individual’s mouth. These implants have been used for decades and are among the most effective solutions to remedy missing teeth. Statistics show a high probability, roughly 95%, that dental implants will last 15 years. With proper care, however, dental implants can last a lifetime.
What are Dental Implants?
A dental implant is a small titanium post installed in your jaw that acts as an imitation root of the false tooth. There are various types of dental implants and appliances used to attach them. The options to choose from are as follows:
- Single Tooth Implant: Replacement of one single tooth. This implant is composed of the implant, a rod, and the abutment.
- Multiple Tooth Implants: Customizable restoration based on dental needs. The multiple tooth implant can include a fixed implant bridge or implant-secured dentures.
- All-on-4 (One Day Smile): A dental implant that utilizes four separate implants per jaw. These specific implants are placed strategically to maximize their strength and support.
Extend the Lifespan of Your Dental Implants
By following the advice of Dr. Pollock or your implant dentist, you can increase the longevity of the dental implants. Take care of the implants as if they were natural teeth by aligning with the following instructions:
- Attend regularly scheduled dental appointments and check-ups
- Maintain good oral hygiene just as you would with natural teeth
- Avoid smoking with dental implants
- Aim to keep any illnesses or health concerns in check if at all possible
- Refrain from chewing ice, clenching your jaw, and playing contact sports
Dental Implants at Rockwall Oral Surgery
Finding the right surgeon is a crucial factor in having dental implant success and longevity. At Rockwall Oral Surgery, Dr. Pollock is a board-certified diplomate of the American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery. A dentist you can trust, he is also a member of the American Dental Association. Put your dental implant needs in the hands of our highly qualified oral surgeon, Dr. Pollock.
If you’re in need of oral surgery or dental implants, please call Dr. Pollock at Rockwall Oral Surgery to make an appointment with us. You can reach us today at (469) 264-8921. You can also visit our contact page or reach us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to helping you achieve your perfect smile.