One Day Smile
About 15 percent of the toothless population have dentures made every year. Also, over 36 million Americans do not have any teeth. Many of these individuals seek treatment in the form of dentures. But, there are other options for those missing teeth, such as One Day Smile.
Dentures can be pretty uncomfortable for wearers and need removal for daily cleaning. Moreover, while sleeping, individuals are not to wear their dentures. Removing dentures can be annoying. Besides, dentures can prevent wearers from their mouth and jaw’s full range of motion and abilities.
What is One Day Smile?
Procedures like One Day Smile provide individuals with a set of new teeth in one appointment. Qualified candidates can receive the “All on 4®” treatment concept. This treatment uses four implants to provide individuals with a complete set of permanent replacement teeth. No more removing dentures for cleaning or sleeping! Remember to always discuss concerns or questions with a dentist while going over treatment options for damaged or missing teeth.
What to Expect During the Procedure
There are a few things to remember for this dental implant procedure. Although the initial process occurs during one appointment, follow-up visits occur after receiving the new set of teeth. Follow-up visits are essential for proper healing. Additionally, individuals who have dental implants should adhere to all post-procedure instructions, especially diet restrictions. A soft-food diet consisting of smoothies or mashed fruits and vegetables is good to have on hand before an oral procedure.
During the procedure:
- During the first step, the dentist will review x-rays or high-resolution CT scans to determine where to place the implants or dental screws.
- The dentist will remove the damaged teeth and any remaining teeth.
- Next, the dentist will place four dental screws in the mouth.
- Attaching a non-removable appliance to the screws, or posts will happen after the posts stabilize.
- Fitting the prosthesis or appliance to the post will take place, and the healing process begins.
- Finally, once the jaw and gums have healed, the dentist will fit a final prothesis or appliance to the posts.
Why One Day Smile?
There are many benefits to receiving teeth in one day. Some of the benefits include:
- Regaining functionality
- Improving a person’s smile
- Removal of damaged or teeth rot
- No bone graft required
One Day Smile With Dr. Pollock
Loss of teeth and jaw function due to missing, weak, or cracked teeth doesn’t need to prevent one from living a full life. Contact Dr. Pollock at Rockwall Oral Surgery to schedule an “All-On-4®” appointment. We are available by phone at (469) 264-8921 or email at email@example.com.
We look forward to helping individuals find relief from dental pain!